Fresh Orange-Cranberry Sauce With Walnuts
- 1 bag cranberries - (12 oz)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 medium seedless orange all peel and pith
- cut away, fruit diced
- 3/4 cup walnuts toasted, cut into
- 1/2 -inch pieces
Combine first 4 ingredients in medium saucepan; bring to boil over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Cook until cranberries are tender and mixture thickens, stirring occasionally, about 12 minutes.
Remove from heat. Mix in orange pieces and walnuts. Transfer to bowl. Cover and chill until cold, at least 2 hours and up to 3 days.
This recipe yields about 4 cups.
The addition of fresh orange pieces is a lovely variation on the holiday condiment. Begin two hours or up to three days ahead.
You'll also love
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (760 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Orange Chicken 4.5/5 (242 Votes)
- Strawberry Coconut Chia Seed... 4.5/5 (220 Votes)
- Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing 4.5/5 (170 Votes)
- New England Seafood Chowder 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mashed Potatoes With Green Onions... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta With Butternut Squash And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apricot Bread Pudding With Caramel... 0/5 (0 Votes)