Paleo friendly low carb fruit cake is perfect for the Holidays when eating to much is an issue I'm sure we can all relate to. Sweetened with one tablespoon of coconut sugar, along with dates, raisins and dried cherries. Give it a try, I'm sure you'll love it!
- 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour (not almond meal)
- 1/2 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup dates (remove pits) and chopped
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple not drained
- 1/2 cup arrowroot
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from elanaspantry.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a large bowl, combine almond flour, salt and baking soda.
Stir in dried fruit and nuts.
In a medium bowl, combine eggs, oil, coconut sugar, vanilla and citrus zest.
Stir wet ingredients into dry.
Scoop batter into 2 greased mini loaf pans.
Bake fruitcakes at 350°F for 20 to 30 minutes.
Cool, serve and enjoy!
You'll also love
- Guinness Chocolate Cheesecake 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Noodle Kugel 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Barayaki 5/5 (3 Votes)
- White Chocolate Snack Mix 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Holiday Season Cranberry Bread 4.4/5 (47 Votes)
- Butternut Squash, Brussels Sprout,... 4.6/5 (36 Votes)
- Lemon Curd in an Instant Pot 4.3/5 (55 Votes)
- Melted Snowman Cookies 4.6/5 (31 Votes)