Eggnog French Toast With Cranberry-Apple Compote
- 4 cups purchased eggnog
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 country white bread loaf - (14.5 oz) halved horizontally, half cut crosswise 8 slices (do not use ends)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter - (1/2 stick) melted
- Powdered sugar
- Cranberry-Apple Compote (see recipe)
Whisk first 4 ingredients in large bowl. Place bread slices in single layer in two 13- by 9- by 2-inch glass baking dishes. Pour custard over bread, dividing equally. Cover dishes and refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight.
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Butter 2 large rimmed baking sheets with some melted butter.
Using spatula, transfer bread slices to prepared baking sheets. Brush bread with remaining melted butter. Bake 10 minutes. Turn over bread slices and bake until golden brown and crisp on the outside but soft on the inside, about 6 minutes longer.
Place 2 French toast slices on each of 8 plates. Dust generously with powdered sugar; serve with Cranberry-Apple Compote.
This recipe yields 8 servings.
You'll also love
- Strawberry Coconut Chia Seed... 4.5/5 (220 Votes)
- Cranberry Christmas Cake 3.9/5 (186 Votes)
- New England Seafood Chowder 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mashed Potatoes With Green Onions... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta With Butternut Squash And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apricot Bread Pudding With Caramel... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Dried Cranberry Compote 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Smoked Delicata Squash With Apple... 0/5 (0 Votes)