Bacon & Cheddar Puffs
These Bacon and Cheddar puffs are the perfect savory appetizer at your next dinner party and they also make a great addition to any brunch spread. Melty cheddar cheese and crispy bacon make these bite-sized puffs a mouthful of gooey goodness. Consider doubling the recipe, because these little morsels get devoured pretty quickly.
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup Sargento Fine Shredded Sharp or Mild Cheddar Cheese
- 8 slices bacon, cooked crisp, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoons onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from facebook.com
Combine milk and butter in medium saucepan. Heat over medium heat until butter is melted and mixture is simmering. Add flour all at once; continue to cook, stirring vigorously with a wooden spoon, until mixture forms a ball. Remove from heat.
Beat in 1 egg until mixture is smooth. Repeat with remaining eggs, adding just 1 egg at a time, beating until thoroughly combined. Stir in remaining ingredients.
Drop heaping teaspoons of mixture onto greased baking sheet. Bake in preheated 350°F oven 25 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature.
You'll also love
- Cauliflower Buffalo Wings 4.5/5 (70 Votes)
- The Ultimate Thanksgiving Leftover... 4.5/5 (70 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars 4.5/5 (64 Votes)
- Strawberry Angel Food Cake 4.5/5 (64 Votes)
- Chicken & Bacon Satay 4.6/5 (59 Votes)
- Crazy Good Casserole-Cheesy Bacon... 4.5/5 (67 Votes)
- Chili Lime Pork Roast 4.5/5 (67 Votes)
- Apple Pie Grilled Cheese 4.5/5 (67 Votes)