- 2 cups apple cider
- 6 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons golden brown sugar - (packed)
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter - (1 stick)
- 3 Golden Delicious apples peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2" pieces
- 2 cups cranberries - (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup sugar plus
- 1 tablespoon sugar - (about)
Whisk apple cider, corn syrup, and brown sugar in heavy large saucepan. Boil over high heat until reduced to 1 cup, about 15 minutes. Add 4 tablespoons butter; whisk until melted. Remove from heat.
Melt remaining 4 tablespoons butter in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add apple pieces; sauté 2 minutes. Add cranberries and 1/2 cup sugar. Stir until cranberries begin to pop, about 2 minutes. Stir in reduced cider mixture. Boil until reduced to syrup consistency, about 6 minutes. Stir in more sugar, if desired. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Stir over medium heat until heated through.) Transfer compote to bowl and serve warm.
This recipe yields about 6 cups.
You'll also love
- Strawberry Coconut Chia Seed... 4.5/5 (218 Votes)
- Cranberry Christmas Cake 3.9/5 (181 Votes)
- New England Seafood Chowder 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mashed Potatoes With Green Onions... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta With Butternut Squash And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apricot Bread Pudding With Caramel... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Dried Cranberry Compote 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Smoked Delicata Squash With Apple... 0/5 (0 Votes)