Lawry's Mexican Lasagna
Recipe to Try
- 1 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (1 oz) pkg taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 to 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 1 cup diced tomatoes, fresh or canned
- 2 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chiles
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 10 corn tortillas
- 2 1/2 cups (10 oz) shredded Jack cheese
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 60mins
1) Cook ground beef in large skillet over med heat until browned and cooked through, about 8 minutes. Drain off fat.
2) Add taco seasoning mix, seasoned salt, tomatoes, tomato sauce and chiles.
3) Mix well and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes.
4) Combine ricotta cheese and eggs in small bowl.
5) Spread 1/2 meat mixture in 13X9 inch baking dish. Place 5 tortillas over meat mixture.
6) spread 1/2 ricotta cheese mixture over tortillas and sprinkle with 1/2 Jack cheese.
7) Bake uncovered at 350 degrees until cheese is melted and lightly browned, 20 to 30 minutes.
8) Let stand 10 minutes before cutting into squares for serving.