Chicken With Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup finely-chopped onion
- 2 large garlic cloves minced
- 1 1/4 pounds boned skinned chicken breasts cut 1" pieces
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (or 1 1/2 tbspns red wine vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil (optional)
Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and saute until just tender, about 4 minutes. Add chicken and cook until chicken is brown, stirring constantly, about 3 minutes.
Stir in vinegar and mustard. Continue cooking until chicken is tender and cooked through, stirring constantly, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with basil if desired.
This recipe yields 4 servings.