Chicken Mole With Chipotles
- 6 skinless boneless chicken thighs each cut 3 pieces
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- 2 cans chili-style chunky tomatoes in juice (14 1/2 oz ea)
- 1 cup canned low-salt chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced canned chipotle chilies plus
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce from chilies
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate chopped
Coat chicken on all sides with cumin. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add chicken; sauté until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes.
Add onion and sauté until beginning to brown, about 3 minutes. Add tomatoes with juice, broth, chipotle chilies, adobo sauce, and chocolate and bring to simmer.
Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until chicken is cooked through and sauce thickens slightly, about 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper; serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.