Braised Greek Chicken And Artichokes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 chicken breast halves with skin and bones
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 jars marinated artichoke hearts - (6 oz ea) drained
- 2 tablespoons reserved artichoke marinade reserved
- 3/4 cup canned low-salt chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Add to skillet and sauté chicken until browned on all sides, about 10 minutes.
Add 2 tablespoons reserved marinade, broth, lemon juice, peel, and crushed pepper. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until chicken is almost cooked through, about 10 minutes.
Uncover; stir in artichokes and 2 tablespoons oregano. Simmer until liquid is slightly reduced and chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Stir in 1 tablespoon oregano. Season with salt and pepper; serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.