This is Lilibet's version of Grandma's macaroni, which is called Mother's Macaroni later in the book.
It's a good exercise in how information and history is passed down in various versions.........
This can also be made with spaghetti.
- 1 package of macaroni...cook per instructions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (not virgin)
- 1 big onion...chopped
- 2 cloves garlic...choped
- 3 tomatoes grated (not the skin)
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 lb honeybaked ham, cut in bite size strips
- 1 chorizo brand palacios\cook apart in low heat and cut in small pieces.
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
In sauce pan add olive oil, brown onions, then garlic , then add grated tomato, cook in low heat about 5 minutes stirring often. You can cook the chicken apart and cut in biteable pieces or add it before the tomatoes and cook about 15 minutes and then add the tomatoes.
Add ham and chorizo, salt and pepper,
pour over cooked macaroni. Sprinkle parmesan cheese and place in oven at 250 for about 20 minutes.