Beer-Battered Catfish On Vinegar Slaw
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour plus
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup flat beer
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 2 catfish fillets - (4 to 6 oz ea)
- 2 cups purchased coleslaw mix
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Whisk 1/3 cup flour, salt, and pepper in medium bowl to blend. Whisk in beer. Add enough oil to heavy large skillet to reach depth of 1/2 inch. Heat oil to 350 degrees.
Place remaining 2 tablespoons flour on plate. Coat fish with flour. Dip in batter, letting excess drip off. Fry fish until golden brown and crisp, about 4 minutes per side. Drain fish on paper towels.
Toss coleslaw mix, vinegar, honey, and 1 tablespoon oil in medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Divide between plates. Place fish atop coleslaw.
This recipe yields 2 servings.