Broiled Halibut with Mango Avocado Relish
This delicious main dish is perfect for summer evenings in the back yard enjoying a glass of white wine!
- 3 halibut fillets, 1/2 pound each
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 meyer lemon, juiced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/2 ripe avocado, diced
- 3 stalks green onion, sliced
- 1 head cauliflower, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from theroastedroot.net
Prepare the mango and avocado relish by adding all ingredients to a bowl. Mix to combine and set aside.
Prepare the halibut by sprinkling each fillet with coarse sea salt. Whisk together the grapeseed oil, lemon juice and garlic. Pour the mixture over the three fillets, allowing them to marinate at least 10 minutes.
Put your oven on the high broil setting.
Place the fish in an oiled or foil-lined baking dish or pan. Put the fish in the oven on the rack second to the top (be careful not to get the fish too close to the top of the oven, as there’s fire danger in doing so!).
Broil for 10 to 12 minutes (if you like your fish slightly raw in the center, broil for 8 minutes).
While the fish is baking, grate the head of cauliflower (not including the green stems) using a box grater. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium and sauté the garlic about 2 minutes. Add the grated cauliflower, ground cumin and salt.
Stir constantly with a wooden spoon until cauliflower bits are softened, about 8 to 10 minutes.
Serve the halibut with a generous portion of the mango relish with cauliflower rice on the side!
You'll also love
- Jamie Oliver Turkey Chili 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Malibu Strawberry Mojito 4.1/5 (18 Votes)
- Lemon Poppy Seed Protein Bars... 4.1/5 (23 Votes)
- Asian Zucchini Noodle Stir-Fry... 4.3/5 (20 Votes)
- Raw Zucchini Pasta with Creamy... 4.2/5 (18 Votes)
- Shrimp Scampi Potstickers 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Mango Salsa 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Puff Pastries with Russian Tuna... 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
Review this recipe