Spinach And Lentil Soup
- 4 cups canned beef broth more if needed
- 1 cup lentils
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper chopped
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- 1 can tomato sauce (8 oz)
- 1/4 cup purchased salsa
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach - (10 oz) thawed, drained
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Bring 4 cups broth and lentils to boil in large saucepan. Simmer until lentils are just tender, about 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat olive, oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper and celery and saute until tender, about 10 minutes.
Add onion mixture to lentils. Stir in tomato sauce and salsa. Simmer over medium-low heat until lentils are very tender, about 30 minutes.
Thin soup with additional broth if necessary. Stir in spinach and simmer until heated through, about 2 minutes. Season soup to taste with salt and pepper.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Spiced Pork Tenderloin II 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Soy-Lemon Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Seafood, Avocado And Hearts Of... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Scallop Potatoes With Gouda And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Eggplant And Saffron Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Rice Salad With Arugula, Pine Nuts... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Black Bean And Rice Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach- And Cheese-Stuffed Pasta... 0/5 (0 Votes)