Seafood, Avocado And Hearts Of Palm Salad
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 5 green onions chopped
- 3 jalapeñnos seeded, minced
- 1 1/4 teaspoons chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- Salt to taste
- 3 cans hearts of palm - (7 1/2 oz ea) drained
- 3 large tomatoes
- 3 large avocados peeled, pitted
- Red-leaf lettuce leaves for serving
- 2 1/2 pounds cooked medium shrimp peeled, deveined
- 24 cooked crab claws
For Dressing: Combine sour cream, mayonnaise, fresh lime juice, green onions, jalapeños, chili powder and dry mustard in medium bowl. Season to taste with salt. (Can be prepared 2 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
For Salad: Cut hearts of palm, tomatoes and avocados into 1-inch pieces. Combine in medium bowl. Mix vegetables with just enough dressing to coat lightly.
Line large platter with lettuce leaves. Mound vegetables in center. Surround with shrimp and crab. Serve remaining dressing on side.
This recipe yields 12 servings.