Scallop Potatoes With Gouda And Fennel
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 medium fennel bulb trimmed, halved, and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds crushed
- 2 pounds russet potatoes peeled
- 2 cups shredded Gouda - (firmly packed) abt 8 oz
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Generously butter 8- by 8-inch glass baking dish with 2-inch-high sides.
Combine cream, half-and-half, fresh fennel and fennel seeds in heavy large skillet. Thinly slice potatoes and add to skillet. Bring mixture to boil over high heat, stirring frequently to separate vegetables slices. Boil 5 minutes. Season generously with salt and pepper.
Transfer half of potato mixture to prepared baking dish. Sprinkle half of Gouda over. Top with remaining, potato mixture. Firmly press mixture down. Sprinkle remaining Gouda over. Cover dish tightly with foil.
Bake until potatoes are tender, about 40 minutes. Uncover and bake until top is golden brown, about 10 minutes longer. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Sausage And Pepperoni Pizza 'Pie' 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Eggplant And Saffron Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Bell Peppers With Basil... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- New England Seafood Chowder 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mashed Potatoes With Braised... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Manhattan-Style Clam Chowder With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp With Chunky Tomato-Saffron... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Red Snapper Roasted With Fennel... 0/5 (0 Votes)