Sausage And Pepperoni Pizza 'Pie'
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 package refrigerated ready pie crusts (15 oz)
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1 package sliced mozzarella - (8 oz)
- 2 cups purchased spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese - (4 oz)
- 3 ounces thinly-sliced pepperoni
- 1/2 cup pimiento-stuffed olives sliced
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Fry sausage in heavy medium skillet over medium heat until cooked through, turning occasionally, Drain. Dice sausage.
Dust 1 side of 1 crust with 1 teaspoon flour. Gently transfer crust to 9-inch-diameter pie pan, floured-side down. Press into pan. Arrange half of mozzarella over bottom of crust. Spread 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce over mozzarella. Sprinkle half of Jack cheese atop sauce. Drizzle 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce over cheese. Top with half of pepperoni and half of sausage.
Repeat layering with remaining mozzarella, 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce, remaining Jack cheese, pepperoni and sausage. Sprinkle with olives and drizzle with remaining 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce. Top with remaining pie crust. Pinch edges of crust together to seal. Crimp edges to make decorative border.
Bake until golden brown, about 40 minutes. Let pie stand 30 minutes before serving.
This recipe yields 6 servings.