Sauce, Bronco Wild Berry
From Top Secret Recipes, a spicy, tangy and sweet sauce great for dipping
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons pectin
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon red food coloring
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Pinch garlic powder
- Pinch paprika
- 1/4 cup minced red bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon minced canned jalapeno peppers
Cooking time 20mins
1. Combine all the ingredients except the bell and minced jalapeno peppers in a small saucepan. Whisk well.
2. Set saucepan over medium/high heat, uncovered. Add peppers and bring mixture to a full boil, stirring often.
3. Reduce heat and simmer sauce for 5 to 7 minutes, or until thick. Remove the sauce from the heat and let it sit for about 10 minutes. Stir and cover.
4. Use the sauce when it reaches room temperature, or cover and chill it until needed.
Makes 1 cup.