Paleo Simple Blueberry Lemon Birthday Cake
Yum, this tastes as amazing as it looks! Good enough for a birthday or any-day you simply need a treat.
- 2/3 cup coconut flour, sifted
- 5 eggs
- 1/3 cup almond milk (you could also use coconut milk)
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 to 2 tablespoon coconut oil (for greasing pans)
- 1/2 cup coconut butter, melted
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/8 cup raw honey
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from paleomg.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Sift your coconut flour into a bowl. If you do not have a sifter, that's fine, just try to get rid of the coconut flour clumps by pressing down with a fork through the flour.
Add eggs and almond milk and either use a spoon to mix well or a hand mixer. Mix until smooth.
Then add the honey, vanilla extract, lemon juice, lemon zest, baking soda, and a pinch of salt. Mix well to combine.
Then fold in your blueberries carefully.
Grease your springform pans with coconut oil. I used two 4 inch springform pans. Cute little guys (got them on Joann's Fabrics). You could also make these into muffins/cupcakes or maybe into one small/thin round cake!
Pour the mixture into the two greased pans.
Place on a baking sheet for even baking. And into the oven to bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until slightly brown on the top and cooked through in the middle. Do the toothpick test to check.
Let cake cool before removing them from the springform pan.
While cakes are cooling, mix together the melted coconut butter, lemon juice, and honey until well mixed.
Pour frosting on top of cakes. Then eat. Because that's what you do with cakes.
You'll also love
- Slow-Cooked Ham with 5-Ingredients 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Best Lemon Bars 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Milk Chocolate Mini Cookies 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Gluten-Free Cauliflower Pizza Crust 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Blueberry Coffee Cake 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Hot Fudge Sundae Poke Cake Recipe 4.4/5 (25 Votes)
- Triple Lemon Cake 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Easy Lemon Pudding Cake 4.6/5 (9 Votes)