Hearty Vegetarian Quinoa Chili
This healthy vegetarian chili is sure to satisfy thanks to quinoa which is a complete source of protein. Seed the jalapeno first if you like a milder chili; leave the seeds in if you like things hot. Can add peppers, garlic, black beans, etc. Enjoy!
- 4 teaspoons olive oil (20-mL)
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms, roughly chopped (180-g)
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder (25-mL)
- 1 can PC Blue Menu tomatoes, diced (27-ounces, 796-mL)
- 1 can PC Blue Menu six bean medley , drained and rinsed (18-ounces, 540-mL)
- 1/2 cup PC Organics Quinoa (125-mL)
In large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Cook mushrooms and onions for 12 to 14 minutes, stirring often, or until golden.
Stir in jalapeno and chili powder; cook 1 minute longer, stirring frequently.
Stir in diced tomatoes with juices, beans, quinoa and 1 cup (250-mL) water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook for 20 minutes or until quinoa is tender.
Serve garnished with PC Blue Menu Yogurt Spread and chopped fresh coriander, if desired.