Rode Kool Schotel (Red Cabbage Casserole)
By Mary Jane
Warm up with this traditional and hearty beef casserole meal that is popular in the colder months of the year.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- Cloves & salt
- 1 package hachee spices
- 1 head red cabbage
- 2 apples
- Mashed potatoes( 2 pkgs. or make your own)
- Italian bread crumbs
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 55mins
Brown ground beef with cloves and salt, then add hachee package and mix well, put into a well greased 9 x 13-inch pan.
Finely chop up red cabbage and apple and cook in a bit of water with a pinch of cloves, once cooked drain well and put on top of beef mixture. Top with mashed potatoes, then breadcrumbs and lastly put butter dots all over top of breadcrumbs.
Cook at 325°F for 45 minutes until nicely browned. Serve with gravy if you like.
You'll also love
- Broccoli Chicken Divan 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Black Bean & Sweet Potato Soup 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Loaded Cornbread Skillet 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Chard & Caramelized Shallot Noodle... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- 3-Ingredient Pumpkin Muffins 4/5 (81 Votes)
- Jiao Zi Chinese Dumplings 4.5/5 (24 Votes)