Coconut Curry Mussels
Yum! Coconut curry mussels is not only a delicious meal, it's super healthy and full of heart healthy omega-3s. Serve with your favorite crusty bread to sop up every drop of the delectable sauce.
- 4 pounds mussels
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed or canola oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14-ounce) can "lite" coconut milk
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Fresh cilantro, chopped, for garnish
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from eatingwell.com
Rinse mussels well and use a brush to remove any barnacles. Discard any with broken shells. Pull off any fibrous "beard" pinched between the shells (most cultivated mussels have had the beards removed).
Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until translucent, about 3 minutes.
Add tomatoes, garlic, ginger, curry powder, fennel seeds, cayenne and salt; cook until the tomatoes soften, 1 to 2 minutes.
Add coconut milk and wine; bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes.
Add the mussels, cover and reduce heat to medium. Cook for 6 minutes. Remove the mussels with a slotted spoon to a large bowl (discard any unopened mussels); cover to keep warm.
Boil the sauce over high heat for 5 minutes to reduce slightly. Pour the sauce over the mussels. Serve garnished with cilantro.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (812 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (737 Votes)
- Jalapeno Popper Spread 4.5/5 (674 Votes)
- Crock Pot Ravioli Casserole 4.5/5 (475 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (467 Votes)
- Tuscan Garlic Chicken 4.5/5 (438 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (260 Votes)