Taco Lettuce Wraps
Taco night just got better! This meal is full of lean protein and savory vegetables, perfect for your next taco dinner.
- 8 small iceberg or romaine lettuce leaves or 4 large, cut in half crosswise
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons prepared salsa
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 cup avocado, diced
- 1 cup julienned jícama
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 8 cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 can olives
Preparation time 8mins
Cooking time 15mins
Wash and dry lettuce leaves well and cut out any tough ribs.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground beef, season with salt and cook, stirring often, until cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes.
Meanwhile, whisk salsa, vinegar and cumin in a small bowl.
Remove the pan from the heat, add the salsa mixture and stir to combine. Serve in the lettuce leaves, topped with avocado, jicama and onion.
Note: Jícama is a round root vegetable with thin brown skin and white crunchy flesh. It has a slightly sweet and nutty flavor. To peel it, use a small, sharp knife or vegetable peeler, making sure to remove both the papery brown skin and the layer of fibrous flesh just underneath.
You'll also love
- Carmelized Tomato Tarte Tatin 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Savory Mushroom and Parmesan... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Hot Buffalo Chicken Meatball... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Cheesy Baked Brussels... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Chipotle Creamed Spinach Phyllo... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Cowboy Chicken 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Spinach & Fresh Mozzarella Pizza 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Spicy Peanut Butter Bacon Sliders 4.7/5 (3 Votes)