Gouda, Bacon And Leek Pancake
- 8 bacon slices
- 2 large leeks, white and light green parts only coarsely chopped
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded Gouda - (firmly packed) abt 4 oz
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Using heavy 10-inch nonstick ovenproof skillet, fry bacon over medium-high heat until brown and crisp. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Crumble bacon.
Pour off all but 2 tablespoons bacon drippings from skillet. Add leeks to skillet and saute over medium heat until tender and beginning to brown, about 8 minutes.
Combine eggs, milk, flour, mustard and sugar in processor and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
Scatter bacon over leeks in skillet. Pour egg mixture over. Sprinkle Gouda over. Transfer to oven and bake until pancake puffs and cheese melts, about 15 minutes. Loosen pancake from skillet. Cut into wedges and serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (812 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (704 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (666 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (488 Votes)
- Bacon Cheddar Potato Cakes 4.5/5 (273 Votes)
- Bacon Breakfast Enchiladas 4.4/5 (230 Votes)