Garlicky Eggplant, Tomato And Basil Bobolis
- 4 medium Japanese eggplants thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 3 cups freshly-grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 Bobolis - (1 lb ea) (baked cheese pizza crusts)
- 1 1/2 pounds plum tomatoes halved, seeded, and chopped
- 6 ounces fresh soft goat cheese coarsely crumbled (such as Montrachet)
- 15 large garlic cloves very thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups thinly-sliced fresh basil leaves (abt 2 bunches)
Preheat broiler. Arrange eggplant slices on large baking sheet. Brush oil over both sides of eggplant. Season with salt and pepper. Broil until eggplant is tender and begins to brown, turning occasionally, about 6 minutes. Cool.
Place 2 large baking sheets in oven on separate racks and preheat to 500 degrees. Sprinkle 1 cup mozzarella cheese over each Boboli crust. Top with eggplant slices, chopped tomatoes, goat cheese, garlic slices and fresh basil. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese over pizza.
Transfer Bobolis to preheated baking sheets in oven. Bake until cheese melts and pizza edges are brown and crisp, about 12 minutes. Transfer to work surface. Let stand 10 minutes. Cut into wedges. Reassemble on platter and serve.
This recipe yields 8 servings.
You'll also love
- Garlic And Rosemary Steak With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fresh Lime Tart With Meringue... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Four-Onion Gratin 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Couscous With Chick-Peas And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Turkey Meat Loaf With Sun-Dried... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp And Potatoes With Garlic... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Eggplant Manicotti With Ricotta,... 0/5 (0 Votes)