Chicken Piccata w/crispy garlic
- 6 ounces uncooked whole-grain angel hair pasta
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, divided
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 T fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1 pound chicken breast cutlets
- 3/4 tsp salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1.1 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1/4 cup), divided
- 2 T sliced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted chicken stock, divided
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Place in a bowl with 2 tablespoons parsley, 2 tablespoons oil, and 1 tablespoon juice; toss. Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place 3 tablespoons flour in a shallow dish. Dredge chicken in flour, shaking off excess.
Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil and garlic in a large skillet over medium; cook 4 minutes or until garlic is crisp and golden. Remove garlic from pan with a slotted spoon; reserve. Increase heat to medium-high. Add chicken; cook 3 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan.
Add remaining 1 tablespoon flour and 1/4 cup stock to pan, stirring with a whisk. Add remaining 1 1/4 cups stock and capers; bring to a boil. Cook 3 minutes. Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons parsley, 1 tablespoon juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Top pasta with chicken, sauce, and garlic.