Moist Coconut Pound Cake
The BEST coconut cake ever! It has the most tender crumb that just melts in your mouth. Put the coffee on!!
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cups) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 4 to 5 tablespoons unsweetened desiccated coconut, finely shredded (dried coconut)
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 110mins
Grease and flour a large loaf pan (no smaller than 9x5-inch). Preheat oven to 300°F.
In a bowl, whisk or sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs. Set aside.
In a separate large mixing bowl and using a hand mixer, beat together on high speed the butter and sugar until creamy and very pale in color, 3 to 4 minutes. On low speed of mixer, slowly beat in a little of the beaten eggs at a time until all has been added. (I added them in 3 additions, beating each until incorporated.)
Beat in HALF the coconut milk with HALF of the flour mixture; beat in the remaining coconut milk and flour mixture. Beat in the coconut. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
Bake for about 1 1/2 hours, or until center tests done with a wooden skewer or toothpick. (Mine took 1 hr 45 minutes)
While cake is hot, poke some shallow holes in the top of the cake with a skewer or something similar. (I used a BBQ fork!) Spoon a little of the leftover coconut milk over the cake (just enough to evenly cover the top, you don't won't it to be wet), then immediately sprinkle with desiccated coconut.
Cool completely on a wire rack.
You'll also love
- Rustic Beef Short Ribs with... 4.4/5 (42 Votes)
- Cheese Croutons for onion soup 4.4/5 (42 Votes)
- Chocolate Hazelnut Sandwich Cookies 4.4/5 (42 Votes)
- Pineapple Upside Down Bundt Cake 4.7/5 (21 Votes)
- Coconut Cupcakes 4.7/5 (21 Votes)
- Blueberry Pound Cake 4.5/5 (35 Votes)
- Impossible Coconut Pie 4.5/5 (34 Votes)
- 4-Layer Coconut Cake 4.5/5 (22 Votes)