Fast Deep-Dish Pizza
- 2 cans plum tomatoes - (28 oz ea) drained
- 2 large garlic cloves pressed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano crumbled
- 1 teaspoon dried basil crumbled
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound frozen bread dough - (1 loaf) thawed
- 1 pound shredded mozzarella - (abt 4 cups)
- 7 ounces thinly-sliced pepperoni
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Coarsely chop tomatoes. Place in strainer and drain well. Combine tomatoes with garlic, parsley, oregano and basil in bowl.
Brush 12-inch-diameter deep-dish pizza pan with 1 teaspoon oil. Sprinkle pan with cornmeal. Roll bread dough out to 13-inch round on lightly floured surface. Transfer dough to pan, extending 1 inch up pan sides.
Spread dough with 1 cup tomato mixture. Sprinkle half of mozzarella over. Top with half of pepperoni and remaining tomato mixture. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. Distribute remaining pepperoni atop mozzarella. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Drizzle with remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil.
Bake until cheese bubbles and begins to brown and crust is golden brown, about 40 minutes.
This recipe yields 8 servings.