Cilantro-lime Coleslaw for tacos
- 1 1/2 cups shredded green cabbage I use a mandolin to shred the cabbage, or you can use just one type
- 1 1/2 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 TB honey
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes optional
- 1/8 tsp salt or more to taste
In a large bowl, combine the coleslaw ingredients: shredded cabbage, shredded carrots, chopped cilantro, and sliced green onions.
In a small bowl or jar, whisk together the dressing ingredients: olive oil, lime juice, honey, minced garlic, red pepper flakes, and salt. Pour as much dressing over the coleslaw as desired. The dressing is also delicious over a salad if you have have leftovers.
Toss the coleslaw and dressing together. Serve the coleslaw over tacos, on sandwiches (a barbecue chicken sandwich is divine with this coleslaw), or serve as a side salad. The coleslaw may be prepped in advance and refrigerated, or used immediately after preparation.