Crispy Roasted Parmesan Potatoes
Use the grated parmesan that has a sand-like consistency sold in the refrigerated section.
LEFTOVERS/MAKE AHEAD: Cool then refrigerate. Place in a baking pan cheese side UP and bake at 200C/400F for 5 minutes or until just heated through and cheese is crispy again. Not quite as good as fresh
- Parmesan Mixture:
- 2 tbsp olive oil , plus more for drizzling
- 1/2 cup / 50 g grated parmesan , the sand-like type (Note 1)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder (or sub with onion powder)
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano or thyme
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt (I use table salt, leave out to lower sodium)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Dipping Sauce (Optional):
- 3/4 cup sour cream, or sub with plain yoghurt , or a combination of both
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions/scallions , plus more for garnish (or chives)
Preheat oven to 200C/400F.
Mix Parmesan Mixture in a bowl.
Drizzle oil in 22 x 33cm / 9 x 13" glass baking dish (Note 2). Tilt pan to spread all over the base.
Use a spoon to scatter the Parmesan Mixture over the base. Spread as evenly as you can. Once sprinkled, do not touch - don't try to spread it.
Place potatoes cut side down, pressing firmly.
Optional: drizzle top of potatoes with a touch of oil or spray with oil, then sprinkle with salt.
Bake potatoes for 35 - 40 minutes or until they are soft and the parmesan crust is deep golden (you can check through the glass!)
REST for 5 minutes. Then use an egg flip to cut between every 4 or so potatoes (i.e. cutting through the parmesan crust which bonds between each potato - see video), then scoop up 4 or so potatoes and flip them upside down so the cheese side is up on a serving platter.
Serve with Dipping Sauce, if using, and sprinkle over extra green onions if desired. Serve as a side dish or as nibbles!