Double Lemon Bars
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup butter - (1 1/2 sticks) cut into pieces, at room temperature
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour plus
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- Powdered sugar as needed
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine 1 1/2 cups flour and 1/2 cup powdered sugar in large bowl. Add butter and cut in until mixture resembles coarse meal. Press mixture into bottom of 9- by 13- by 2-inch baking dish. Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven. Maintain oven temperature.
Beat eggs, 1 1/2 cups sugar, lemon juice, 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon flour and lemon peel in medium bowl to blend. Pour into crust. Bake until mixture is set, about 20 minutes. Cool.
Cut into 24 bars. Sift powdered sugar over top before serving.
This recipe yields 24 bars.