The Peachy Keen Smoothie
Super Healthy Smoothie
- 1 cup 1% milk
- 2 tablespoons low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup frozen peaches
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1/8 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 2 teaspoons whey protein powder
- 3 ice cubes
Adapted from recipes.prevention.com
1. For all recipes, first blend together any liquid ingredients (milk, yogurt, juice, etc.) and protein powder; this will help break down the grainy powder and make sure it's evenly distributed.
2. Next, add mushy ingredients, like precooked oatmeal and fruit, then add ice at the end.
3. For a thicker shake, you can toss in more ice cubes; you'll add volume without the calories.