CREAMY JALAPENO-STUFFED CHICKEN
Be sure to use disposable kitchen gloves to avoid the jalapeno spicy juices.
- 8 (2 lb) boneless skinless chicken breast halves,pound to 1/4" thickness
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) KRAFT Mexican Style Finely Shredded Four Cheese, divided
- 2 fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 3 cups tortilla chips (4 oz.), finely crushed (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup green salsa
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from keyingredient.com
PRE-HEAT oven to 375ºF. PLACE chicken on work surface. Mix cream cheese, 1-1/2 cups shredded cheese and peppers until well blended; spread onto chicken. Starting at one short end of each breast, roll up chicken tightly. Refrigerate up to 8 hours.
Beat egg in shallow dish. Place crushed chips in separate shallow dish. Dip chicken in egg, then roll in chips. Place, seam-sides down, in single layer in shallow pan sprayed with cooking spray.
BAKE 35 min. or until chicken is done (165ºF). Meanwhile, warm salsa.
TOP chicken with remaining shredded cheese. Serve with salsa.