Couscous With Chick-Peas And Tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups canned chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter - (1/4 stick)
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 tomato seeded, diced
- 1/2 cup drained canned chick-peas (garbanzo beans)
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme crumbled
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter small baking dish.
Bring chicken broth and butter to boil in heavy medium saucepan. Add couscous. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer until couscous is tender and has absorbed all liquid, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomato, chick-peas, raisins, cinnamon, basil and thyme. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer mixture to baking dish. Cover and cook until heated through, about 15 minutes.
This recipe yields 4 servings.