Coffee-Caramel Ice Cream Pie
- HOT CARAMEL SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips melted
- 1 purchased chocolate cookie crust
- 1 1/2 pints coffee ice cream slightly softened
- 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar - (firmly packed)
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter - (1/2 stick)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Spread melted chocolate over bottom of crust. Freeze until set, about 5 minutes. Spoon ice cream into crust; smooth top. Freeze until very firm, about 4 hours. (Can be prepared 4 days ahead.)
Serve pie with Hot Caramel Sauce.
To make Hot Caramel Sauce: Combine brown sugar, corn syrup, whipping cream, butter and salt in heavy medium saucepan. Stir over low heat until sugar dissolves, about 4 minutes. Increase heat to medium-high. Boil sauce without stirring until mixture registers 238 degrees (soft-ball stage) on candy thermometer, about 11 minutes. Cool slightly. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Reheat over low heat, stirring constantly. Makes about 2 cups.)
This recipe yields 8 servings.