Chicken Salad With Cilantro And Ginger
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup oriental sesame oil see * Note
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 pound boned skinned chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili oil see * Note
- 1 head romaine lettuce torn bite size
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 large ripe tomato sliced
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds toasted
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds toasted
* Note: Available at specialty foods stores, oriental markets and in the oriental section of some supermarkets.
Combine soy sauce, oriental sesame oil, vinegar and ginger in small bowl.
Cut chicken crosswise into 1/4-inch-wide strips. Place chicken in medium bowl. Mix in 1/4 cup of soy mixture. Let chicken marinate 30 minutes.
Heat vegetable oil and chili oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken to skillet and cook until springy to touch, stirring constantly, about 2 minutes. Transfer chicken to plate and cool.
Combine lettuce, cilantro, onion and tomato in large bowl and arrange on platter. Top mixture with chicken. Sprinkle salad with sesame seeds and almonds. Spoon some soy mixture over chicken salad. Serve, passing remaining soy mixture separately.
This recipe yields 4 servings.