Strawberry Cheesecake Coffee Cake
You have to make this cake, it's so simple and tastes amazing! Wonderful white butter cake, adorned with a classic cream cheese filling, juicy roasted strawberries and a delicious cinnamon streusel.
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg white
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1.5 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5.5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar ( i used 1/3 cup light brown 1/3 cup white sugar)
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sour cream ( do not use light)
- CRUMB TOPPING:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup flour
- 6 tablespoons butter, chilled and cubed
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons cream or milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ( I did not use glaze at all but I am including it)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 70mins
To make the crumb topping combine sugar, flour and chilled cubed butter in a bowl. Stir with a fork or pastry blender until the mixture is crumbly (pea sized crumbs) set in the fridge until ready.
Preheat oven 350°F. Grease 9-inch springform pan and line the bottom with parchment paper. Set aside.
FILLING: Mix together the cream cheese and sugar on medium-low speed until creamy. Add egg white and mix on low just to combine. Set aside.
CAKE BATTER: In a bowl stir together flour, baking powder and sale. Set aside
Cream the butter for a minute. Then add sugars and mix until light and fluffy. Add egg and egg yolk and vanilla, mix to combine. Slowly mix in the flour mixture alternating with sour cream.
Spread almost 2/3 of the batter on the bottom of the prepared pan. Smooth with a spatula. Spoon the cream cheese filling on top. Arrange the sliced strawberries onto the cream cheese filling ( do not go all the way to the edges) Save about 10 slices of strawberries for the next layer.
Using a spoon drizzle the remaining batter over the strawberries and spread as much as you can. You wont have enough batter to cover the whole layer completely, it is ok.
Scatter the remaining strawberry slices. then sprinkle the crumb topping and bake 60 to 70 minutes until the cake is no longer jiggly in the center.
Cool completely on a rack. COMPLETELY. Run a knife around the cake pan and loosen the spring form ring.
To make the glaze mix together cream( or milk) sugar and vanilla. Drizzle over the cake.
You'll also love
- HERB CRUSTED BEEF WITH DIJON CREAM... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Cauliflower Hummus with Olives 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Crustless Chocolate Raspberry... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Homemade Blueberry Compound Butter 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Chocolate Chip Holiday Cookie Fudge 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Pineapple Upside Down Bundt Cake 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Best Ever Strawberry Rhubarb Pie 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Zucchini Bundt Cake with Orange... 4.7/5 (6 Votes)