Candied Holiday Fruitcake
- 3 cups chopped pecans - (abt 12 oz)
- 2 cups chopped candied pineapple - (abt 10 oz)
- 3/4 cup chopped candied cherries - (abt 5 oz)
- 1/3 cup chopped candied orange peel (abt 1 1/2 oz)
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour plus
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter - (2 sticks) room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- Powdered sugar for dusting
Position rack in lowest third of oven and preheat to 250 degrees. Grease and flour 12-cup bundt pan or tube cake pan.
In large bowl, mix pecans and fruits with 3 tablespoon flour. In another large bowl, cream butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs 1 at a time. Stir in vanilla and lemon extract. Sift 1 3/4 cups flour with baking powder and salt. Add dry ingredients to batter; stir until blended. Mix fruit mixture into batter.
Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake until golden brown and tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 2 1/2 hours. Cool in pan on rack 15 minutes. Turn out onto rack and cool. (Can be prepared 2 weeks ahead; wrap in foil and store at room temperature.) Dust with powdered sugar.
This recipe yields 12 servings.