Roast Chicken with Pan Sauce
This roasted chicken recipe is a definite keeper! Preparation is so simple but the flavors tell a different story, so good!
- 4 bone-in chicken breasts (about 2.5-pounds total, skinless preferred)
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh sage
- 6 shallots, peeled and halved or quartered
- 3/4 cup Pacific Bone Chicken Broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- 12 to 20 small sage leaves
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 48mins
Trim chicken of excess skin and fat; season with pepper and salt. In a 12-inch cast-iron or other heavy oven-going skillet. Heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken, and cook for 3 minutes, until lightly browned. Turn chicken over, sprinkle with snipped sage.
Place skillet in a 400°F oven and roast, uncovered for 15 minutes. Remove from oven. Carefully add shallots and 1/4 cup of the chicken broth. Return skillet to oven and roast for 15 to 20 minutes more or until chicken is no longer pink (170°F).
Transfer chicken and shallots to a plate or dish and cover to keep warm.
Add remaining 1/2 cup broth and the wine to skillet and return to heat. Bring to boiling. Boil gently, uncovered, for 2 to 3 minutes. or until reduced by about half. Remove skillet from heat.
Transfer chicken to four dinner plates. Return shallots and any juices to skillet. Add butter, mustard and sage leaves; stir until butter melts. Spoon sauce over chicken and serve.
You'll also love
- Slow Roasted Beef (Cook's... 4.1/5 (247 Votes)
- Roast Chicken and Asparagus Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Air Fryer Cheeseburger Egg Rolls 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Chicken Orzo Dinner with Cheesy... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Dr. Pepper Jalapeno Beef Jerky 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roast Duck with Apple Raisin... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Clabber Girl Old-Fashioned... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Frango Mint Chip Cookies 0/5 (0 Votes)