Chicken Parmesan Baked in Tomato Sauce
You only need 15 minutes of prep work and a total of 45 minutes before this delicious Chicken Parmesan Baked in Tomato Sauce is ready to be served.
- 8 thin chicken cutlets (about 1 1/2-pounds total) I take boneless skinless chicken breast and slice them in half across breast. This makes them about 1/4 inch thick.
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 2/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 24-ounce jar marinara sauce
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella slices
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Heat oven to 400°F.
Season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste
Place the flour,beaten eggs and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls (or plates).
Coat the chicken with the flour, then dip in the eggs (letting any excess drip off), then coat with the bread crumb mixture, pressing gently to help it adhere.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken in batches until golden brown about 2 minutes per side.
Pour the Marinara sauce into a large shallow baking dish (9X13-inch). Top each chicken cutlet with a slice of Mozzarella cheese.
Bake until bubbling and golden brown 20 to 30 minutes.
You'll also love
- Corn Dog Casserole 4.7/5 (18 Votes)
- French Onion Tater Tot Casserole 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Kahlua Chocolate Poke Cake 4.7/5 (18 Votes)
- Katie Lee's Beef Stroganoff 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Bacon Guacamole Grilled Cheese... 4.7/5 (18 Votes)
- Tomato and Parsley Soup 4.8/5 (9 Votes)
- roasted tomato basil soup with... 4.7/5 (14 Votes)
- Puerto Rican Pasteles 4.3/5 (35 Votes)