- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter - (3/4 stick) room temperature
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries (or frozen blueberries, thawed, drained)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Butter 8 1/2- by 4 1/2- by 2 1/2-inch loaf pan.
Combine first 3 ingredients in small bowl. Using electric mixer, cream butter with 1 cup sugar in large bowl until mixture is light and fluffy. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add lemon peel. Mix in dry ingredients alternatively with milk, beginning and ending with dry ingredients. Fold in blueberries.
Spoon batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake until golden brown and toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 1 hour 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, bring remaining 1/3 cup sugar and lemon juice to boil in small saucepan, stirring until sugar dissolves.
Pierce top of hot loaf several times with toothpick. Pour hot lemon mixture over loaf in pan. Cool 30 minutes in pan on rack. Turn bread out of pan and cool completely on rack.
This recipe yields one 8-inch loaf.
You'll also love
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (760 Votes)
- Strawberry Coconut Chia Seed... 4.5/5 (220 Votes)
- Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing 4.5/5 (170 Votes)
- Mediterranean Lemon Chicken 4.4/5 (172 Votes)
- Lemon Ginger Avo Mayo 4.5/5 (154 Votes)
- Mashed Potatoes With Green Onions... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta With Butternut Squash And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apricot Bread Pudding With Caramel... 0/5 (0 Votes)