Herb & Garlic Crusted Pork Roast
Scrumptious pork loin made with a crusty herb coating. A bone-in loin roast will yield the best results. Yum!
- 1/2 cup kosher salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 8 cups cold water
- 3 to 3 1/2 pound center-cut boneless pork loin
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces (uncooked)*
- 1 tablespoon apricot preserves
- 2 teaspoons garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups fresh bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 555mins
For the brine, in a large bowl dissolve salt and sugar in the 8 cups of cold water. Place pork in brine, making sure to fully submerge. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours.
Remove loin from brine and blot dry with paper towels. In a nonstick skillet brown all sides of pork in hot oil, about 10 minutes. Set aside until cool.
In a food processor or blender puree uncooked bacon to a smooth puree. Transfer half the bacon to bowl. Stir in apricot preserves, chopped garlic, and 2 teaspoons of the chopped rosemary.
Place cooled pork on waxed paper. Spread thinly with bacon puree. In a separate bowl mix bread crumbs, remaining rosemary, parsley, melted butter, and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and black pepper. Toss well to mix. Press crumb mixture onto roast, applying enough pressure for crumbs to adhere.
Position oven rack in lowest position; preheat oven to 425°F. Transfer pork to a wire rack in a foil-lined baking dish or roasting pan. Roast 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350°F. Roast 45 minutes more to until a thermometer registers 145°F. Remove pork from oven, tent with foil, and allow to rest 15 minutes.
* This amount of bacon is necessary for blades to process. For an easy appetizer, spread remaining bacon puree on baguette slices, then broil until golden.
You'll also love
- Chicken & Shrimp Carbonara 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Creamy Corn and Broccoli Chowder 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Eggplant Ragout - Jacques Pepin 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Schweinshaxe (Crispy Pork Hocks) 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Green Chile Artichoke Dip 0/5 (0 Votes)
- CAJUN SHRIMP AND SAUSAGE VEGETABLE... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Garlic Orzo Tuscan Shrimp Recipe... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bacon Mustard Vinaigrette Dressing 0/5 (0 Votes)