Roast Chicken with Green Beans & Artichokes
Roasted chicken with chorizo and green beans added to the mix along with white wine and broth for a succulent-juicy bird.
- 1 (3 1/2-pound) whole chicken cut into 8 pieces
- 1 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 scallions, coarsely chopped
- 8 garlic cloves crushed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound fresh pork chorizo or chicken sausage
- 2 cups fresh green beans
- 1 cup frozen artichoke hearts
- 1 lemon sliced 1/4 thick rounds
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 90mins
Adapted from Oprah.com
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Season chicken with oregano, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
Place chicken, scallions and garlic in a large roasting pan and drizzle with olive oil.
Roast until chicken it starts to brown, about 30 minutes. Add chicken broth, and sausage to the pan and roast an additional 10 minutes. Flip sausage and add green beans, artichokes hearts, lemon slices, making sure vegetables are partly submerged. Cook until vegetables are tender,about 10 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with parsley and serve
You'll also love
- CREAM CHEESE AND CHIVE MASHED... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- BRIK (TUNISIAN TUNA AND EGG... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Pineapple Upside Down Pancakes 5/5 (1 Votes)
- ROASTED CORN WITH GARLIC-PARMESAN... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Roasted Turkey with Smoked Paprika 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Roasted Garlic Chicken with... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Spicy Louisiana Shrimp Dip 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Cornbread Dressing 4.8/5 (16 Votes)