Roasted Red Pepper, Prosciutto & Basil Pesto Stuffed Chicken Breasts
This roasted chicken breast recipe is guaranteed to impress your family and guests.
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless boneless
- 8 slices smoked Prosciutto (if using bacon you'll need 16 pieces)
- 5 ounces roasted red peppers in oil
- 1/4 cup basil pesto, store bought or homemade
- 1 cup mozzarella, shredded
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Cut the underside of each breast horizontally so they're shaped almost like a heart.
Place one of the breasts in a large zip top bag and using a cooking mallet or tenderizer flatten it out until it takes up about twice as much space as it did before (use the flat side not the one with the spikes). Try to get it pounded out evenly so that it will cook evenly. If you don't have a cooking mallet that's ok! You could use a rolling pin or even the bottom of a heavy mug.
Pound out each of the chicken breasts.
Lay the chicken breast so that it's outside is the part touching the cutting board. You want to make sure that the filling is put on the inside of the breast.
On each, spread about 2 teaspoons of the basil pesto evenly on it's surface.
Next place a strip of Prosciutto (or 2 slices of bacon) on each.
Now lay a few strips of roasted red pepper and top with about 1/2 tablespoon of mozzarella.
Now roll the breast up back into it's original shape as best as you can. Wrap a piece of Prosciutto around the breast to help hold it together (or use 2 slices of bacon). Place in a baking dish.
Once they've all been rolled up and placed in the baking dish, spread the remaining basil pesto evenly over the tops of the chicken. Then sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella.
Place the dish into the oven COVERED and bake for 45 minutes.
Serve with rice or potatoes and enjoy!
You'll also love
- Slow Roasted Beef (Cook's... 4.1/5 (229 Votes)
- EDIBLE SLIME 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Instant Pot Purple Hull Peas 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin Tips... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- SLOW COOKER HONEY ROSEMARY PORK... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Air Fryer Cheeseburger Egg Rolls 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Chicken Breast a la Rose 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roast Duck with Apple Raisin... 0/5 (0 Votes)