ITALIAN BRUNCH TORTA
- refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 1 tbls olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 9 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed squeeze to drain
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 lb provolone cheese, thinly sliced
- 4 thin slices Genoa salami
- 15-16 oz roasted red bell peppers, drained patted dry
- 3/4 cup olive tapenade, drained
- 1/2 lb capicollo ham, thinly sliced
- 3 1/2 oz dry pack sun dried tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano leaves
Place cookie sheet in oven (torta will bake on heated cookie sheet). Heat oven to 375. Make pie crusts as directed on box for two crust pie using 9 inch glass pie plate.
In 10 inch skillet, heat over medium heat. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Stir in spinach until well combined.
Spread ½ of spinach mixture in crust-lined plate. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the Parmesan. Layer spinach with provolone cheese, salami, red peppers, tapenade, ham, sun-dried tomatoes, remaining Parmesan and remaining spinach mixture. Top with second crust; seal edges and flute.
Brush egg on top crust; sprinkle with reserved 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese and oregano. Cut 4 small slits in top. Place on cookie sheet in oven.
Bake 50-55 minutes, covering edge of crust with strips of foil after 15-20 minutes, until golden brown. Cool 20 minutes before serving. If desired, serve torta with fresh fruit on plates lined with romaine lettuce.