Apple And Raisin Crisp
- 1 1/4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup brown sugar - (firmly packed) plus
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar - (firmly packed)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter - (1 1/2 sticks) room temperature
- 3/4 cup walnuts chopped
- 4 pounds pippin or Granny Smith apples peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups golden or brown raisins
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream for serving
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter 9- by 13 1/2-inch glass baking dish.
For Topping: Mix old-fashioned oats, brown sugar, all-purpose flour, ground cinnamon and salt in large bowl. Add unsalted butter and rub into mixture until coarse crumbs form. Mix in chopped walnuts.
For Filling: Combine sliced apples, raisins, sugar, fresh lemon juice, flour and ground cinnamon in large bowl. Mix well to blend.
Transfer apple-raisin filling to prepared dish. Spread topping over. Bake until topping is golden brown, about 55 minutes. Serve crisp warm with scoops of vanilla ice cream.
This recipe yields 8 servings.
You'll also love
- Raising Cane’s Dipping Sauce 3.9/5 (379 Votes)
- Mashed Potatoes With Green Onions... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta With Butternut Squash And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apricot Bread Pudding With Caramel... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Dried Cranberry Compote 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Smoked Delicata Squash With Apple... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Best-Ever Oatmeal Raisin Cookies 0/5 (0 Votes)