White Chocolate And Orange Souffle
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 ounces imported white chocolate coarsely chopped (such as Lindt)
- 4 large egg yolks room temperature
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons Grand Marnier (or other orange liqueur)
- 3 large egg whites room temperature
- 1 pinches cream of tartar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 ounces imported white chocolate coarsely chopped (such as Lindt)
- Powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter 6-cup souffle dish. Sprinkle dish with sugar; tap out excess.
Heat cream and 1/4 cup sugar in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Add 6 ounces of chocolate and stir until chocolate dissolves. Whisk in yolks and orange peel. Cook until mixture thickens slightly, stirring constantly, about 5 minutes; do not boil. Whisk in Grand Marnier. Transfer mixture to large bowl.
Using electric mixer, beat egg whites and cream of tartar in large bowl until soft peaks form. Add 2 tablespoons sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. Mix 2 ounces chopped chocolate into warm egg yolk mixture. Fold in egg whites in 2 additions.
Transfer mixture to prepared souffle dish. Bake until souffle is puffed and top is golden brown, about 35 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar and serve.
This recipe yields 6 servings.