Balsamic-Glazed Rib Roast
Show-stopping main course for a dinner party or holiday feast. As long as you’ve remembered to put in a special order with your butcher for the beef, you can assemble this impressive main course with a minimum of hands-on time.
- 1 standing beef rib roast, about 5 pounds (2.25 kg)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup (8-ounces/250ml) balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup (2-ounces/60g) dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 100mins
Adapted from williams-sonoma.com
Pat the rib roast dry with paper towels, then season generously on all sides with salt and pepper. Set aside at room temperature for 1 hour.
Position a rack in the lower third of an oven and preheat to 450°F (230°C).
While the oven is heating, make the glaze: In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, Dijon mustard and Worcestershire. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a gentle simmer and continue cooking until the glaze becomes syrupy, about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat, season to taste with salt and pepper and set side.
Place the roast, bone side down, in a roasting pan and roast until the meat is browned, about 15 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 325°F (165°C) and brush the roast evenly with the glaze. Continue roasting, brushing the roast with the remaining glaze about every 15 minutes, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the roast, away from the bone, registers 130°F (54°C) for medium-rare, about 1 hour more (for a total roasting time of 1 hour and 15 minutes, or about 15 minutes per pound).
Transfer the roast to a carving board and cover loosely with aluminum foil and let rest for 10 to 15 minutes before carving. Carve the beef into slices, arrange the slices on a warmed platter and serve immediately. Serves 6.
You'll also love
- Corn Chowder with Sweet Potatoes... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chipotle and Roasted Tomato... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shredded Beef (crockpot) 0/5 (0 Votes)
- EGG IN A HOLE SANDWICH WITH BACON... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- CHIPOTLE BEEF CHILI WITH LIME CREMA 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Artichoke Dip 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Italian Orange Cookies 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Prime Rib With Garlic Herb Butter 0/5 (0 Votes)