Chicken and Rice Casserole
Per serving: Calories 626; Fat 32 g (Saturated 16 g); Cholesterol 186 mg; Sodium 1,299 mg; Carbohydrate 38 g; Fiber 3 g; Protein 45 g
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken (skin removed)
- 1 cup medium-grain white rice
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup diced dill havarti cheese (about 4 ounces)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (about 1 ounce)
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Melt the butter in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and about three-quarters of the scallions and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 2 minutes. Add the broccoli, chicken, rice, tomato, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste; stir to combine.
Whisk the chicken broth and sour cream in a bowl, pour into the skillet and bring to a simmer. Stir in half each of the havarti and parmesan. Cover tightly with a lid or aluminum foil, transfer to the oven and bake until the rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
Turn on the broiler. Uncover the skillet and sprinkle with the remaining havarti and parmesan, then broil until golden, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle with the reserved scallions.