Banana Muffins with Mascarpone Cream Frosting
The perfect banana muffin with a delicious mascarpone cream frosting.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 ripe bananas, peeled and coarsely mashed
- 3 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
Adapted from cookingchanneltv.com
Line 18 muffin cups with paper liners. Preheat the oven to 325°F.
Whisk the flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a medium bowl to blend. Beat the sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl to blend. Stir in the banana. Add the dry ingredients and stir just until blended.
Divide the batter among the prepared muffin cups. Bake the muffins on the middle rack until the tops are golden brown and a tester inserted into the center comes out with no crumbs attached, about 25 minutes. Transfer the muffins to a rack and cool slightly. The muffins may be eaten warm or cooled completely and frosted.
To frost the cupcakes: Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in the mascarpone cheese and then beat in the honey. Spread the frosting over the muffins. Sprinkle with the walnuts.
You'll also love
- Raspberry Pavlova 4.7/5 (20 Votes)
- Broccoli Salad 4.4/5 (41 Votes)
- Lemonade - Best Fresh 4.7/5 (20 Votes)
- Huli Huli Chicken 4.7/5 (22 Votes)
- Famous Amish Funnel Cakes 4.5/5 (39 Votes)
- Cream Cheese Filled Banana Bread 4.6/5 (29 Votes)
- Skillet Parmesan Rolls 4.5/5 (38 Votes)
- Irish Soda Bread 4.9/5 (7 Votes)