Rosemary Rib Roast
This recipe for rosemary crusted beef rib roast with horseradish cream will brighten any Holiday dinner table or help you celebrate any special occasion.
- 11 (7- to 9-pound) beef prime rib roast, trimmed of fat
- 6cloves6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2teaspoons2 teaspoons salt
- 2teaspoons2 teaspoons pepper
- 1teaspoon1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crushed
- 2tablespoons2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1cup1 cup sour cream
- 2tablespoons2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2tablespoons2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 95mins
Preheat oven to 450°F.
Place beef on rack in shallow roasting pan. In small bowl, mix garlic, salt, pepper, rosemary and oil; rub mixture over roast. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is in thickest part of beef and does not touch bone. Place pan on lower oven rack. Roast uncovered 45 minutes.
Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Roast 45 to 50 minutes longer or until of desired doneness (140°F for medium-rare, 155°F for medium). Remove from oven and cover loosely with foil; let stand 15 minutes.
In small bowl, mix sour cream, lemon juice and horseradish. Carve beef; serve with horseradish sauce.
You'll also love
- Chickpea Casserole with Lemon,... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Chickpea Panzanella 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Pork Chops with Apple, Fennel and... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Teriyaki Beef Stuffed Peppers... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Easy Mongolian Beef 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Baked Egg in Avocado 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Hot Chocolate with... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Prime Rib Roast 4.4/5 (5 Votes)